Summer Lemon Loaf Cake!

Hi everyone!

Summer is about to end, so I thought I would share my favourite summer cake recipe here today. Over the summer I made a few marble cakes, a funfetti cake  and  a lemon loaf cake. From the title of this post, you can probably see that my favourite cake was the lemon one. Lemon cake is probably my all time favourite cake so I definitely wanted to share it with you. This is not my own recipe but I did adapt and change some ingredients to make it my own.



Ingredients:


  • 170g butter
  • 170g caster sugar
  • 2 large eggs
  • 170g self-raising flour, sieved
  • 1 lemon
  • 2 tbsp icing sugar


Method:


  • Preheat the oven to 180C.
  • Beat the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy. Top Tip: Melt the butter beforehand!!
  • Grate the rind from the lemon.
  • One at a time lightly beat in the eggs then fold in the flour along with the lemon rind and the juice of half a lemon.
  • Line an 18 cm loaf tin, with oiled nonstick baking paper, then spoon the mixture into it.
  • Bake for roughly 45 mins, then allow the cake to cool. (This is quite important!!!)
  • For the icing, put the icing sugar in to a small bowl, along with 5 tsp of lemon juice.
  • Spoon it onto the cake then smooth it out, allowing drips to run down the side.
  • Leave icing to set before cutting the cake.
  • ENJOY!!
Thank you for reading this post! I hope you try this recipe out because I really love it!

Bye!!  xoxo

Comments

Popular Posts