Racing Manhattan

Hi everyone!
I am writing this post now on the plane to New York!! I was starting to get a bit bored of watching movies so I thought I would get my laptop out and start writing. I have lots of exciting things planned that I’m going to do in New York that I can do reviews on but today’s post is going to be a book review. I recently finished my book, Racing Manhattan by Terence Blacker, and it was so good I knew I had to review it.


The story starts off with a girl named Jay living with her uncle and auntie. Her and her cousin absolutely love horses so they spend all day riding, grooming and cleaning. They do this everyday and sometimes compete in races but Jay doesn’t feel like she belongs with them. She feels like an outsider so she decides to run away to Newmarket , the home of horse racing. She stumbles upon the Wilkinson yard where they kindly offer her a job as a lad.  Then she meets Manhattan. A wild, out of control mare who is kept behind bars. Everyone stays clear of Manhattan but Jay knows she is different and is eager to find out more about her and her past. Will Jay be able to tame Manhattan and make it on to the racecourse with her?

This was a great book and I honestly really loved it!! I could not put it down and I was reading it all the time. I don’t read that often but when I had this book, I read a lot! I would recommend this to everyone as it is such a nice story with a happy ending. The book was written well with lots of good description so it was easy to understand and I could picture the characters well.

I hope you guys liked this review and read this book!

xoxo


Comments

Popular Posts